eEye's Blink Endpoint Security Named 2007 Community Choice Award Winner by Windows IT PRO
eEye Digital Security®, a leading developer of unified client security and vulnerability management tools, today announced that its Blink® Professional Endpoint Security product was named as a winner of the “Community Choice Awards” in the Host-Based Intrusion Prevention Systems category by Penton Media’s Windows IT Pro®.
“The 2007 Community Choice Awards continue our tradition of honoring those products that our readers tell us are most worthy of recognition,” said Kim Paulsen, group publisher of Windows IT Pro. “These are the hardware, software and services that measure up where it counts most – in the businesses, agencies and institutions that rely on them to deliver what they promise.”
Blink Professional provides virus and spyware protection, intrusion prevention and firewalls that protect desktops from zero-day attacks, phishing, ID theft, keylogging, worms, viruses and variants of malware such as hijacking by botnets.
Windows IT Pro forums and several Windows user groups were asked to vote on their product preferences in 12 technology categories.
“The voters are tough, in-the-trenches critics,” Paulsen continued. “They demand solid value and performance from the products they use and put those products to the test day after day. Community Choice award winners can feel proud that the products and services they develop have earned the respect and recognition of the IT world's most knowledgeable and exacting professionals.”
Blink Professional, Blink Personal and Blink Enterprise editions immediately identify system and application flaws that currently go undetected and unpatched despite regular use by Microsoft Windows Update services.
Blink offers multiple protection layers built into a single lightweight agent, proactively protecting systems and confidential information with:
- Vulnerability Assessment — Defines, identifies and classifies the security risks or vulnerabilities in a computer’s operating system and applications.
- Intrusion Prevention — Analyzes the content of network traffic to block malicious data and allow legitimate traffic to be processed. This includes both intrusions, such as attacks from outside the organization, and misuse, such as attacks from within the organization.
- System and Application Firewalls — Controls the network activity of systems and installed applications.
- Virus, Spyware, Phishing, and Botnet Protection — Performs in-memory protection and disk scanning for computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, botnets, and blended threats by checking each process and application before being loaded.
- System Protection — Provides proactive, host-based security against day zero attacks and offers protection against buffer overflow and memory-based attacks.
- Identity Theft Protection — Identifies and responds to attempts to deceive a user with misleading HTML and XML in web pages and email.
- Network-Aware Policies — Dynamically manage policies and configuration settings based on physical network location.
About eEye Digital Security
Since 1998, eEye Digital Security has made vulnerability and compliance management simpler and more efficient by providing the only unified solution that integrates assessment, mitigation, protection, and reporting into a complete offering with optional add-on modules for configuration compliance, regulatory reporting, and integrated patch management. eEye’s world-renowned research and development team is consistently the first to uncover critical vulnerabilities and build new protections into our solutions to prevent their exploit. Thousands of mid-to-large-size private-sector and government organizations, including the largest vulnerability management installations in the world, rely on eEye to protect against the latest known and zero-day vulnerabilities.
Follow eEye Digital Security